The department of Conservative dentistry & Endodontics basically deals with the preservation & conservation of teeth. Operative dentistry is the art & science of diagnosis, treatment & prognosis of defects of teeth which do not require full coverage restorations for correction; such treatment should result in the restoration of proper tooth form, functions and aesthetics while maintaining the physiologic integrity of the teeth in harmonious relationship with the adjacent hard and soft tissues; all of which enhance the general health and welfare of the patient. The ultimate goal of Conservative dentistry is to preserve natural dentition or to restore it to the best state of health, function and aesthetics. Endodontics is the branch which deals with the aetiology, diagnosis, prevention and treatment of diseases of pulp & periapical tissues compatible with good health.
The primary goal of Department of Conservative Dentistry & Endodontics includes the diagnosis and treatment of sequelae of dental caries and includes the techniques and procedures to restore the teeth to full function & appearance in an aesthetically pleasing manner with as little loss of healthy tooth structure as possible. The branch of Endodontics involves performing root canal treatment and associated surgical procedures. The treatment provided includes various restorations, root canal treatment, surgical endodontics, endodontic implants, bleaching, & management of traumatized teeth.
- Department is well equipped with:
- 12 dental chairs in the PG clinic
- 21 dental chairs in the UG clinic
- Pre clinical laboratory is equipped with 74 phantom heads with micromotor attachment and 8 phantom heads with airotor
- Seminar room with audio-visual aids (LCD projector and visualizer)
- Departmental library
- Sterilization section
- Radiography section with facility of automatic film processor & RVG
- Laboratory for plaster work
- Centralized casting lab for metal & ceramic work
- Dental museum and patient education room.